At Conversation Magazine we want to start healthy conversations that are not happening and encourage rare conversations that should be more common. Here are some resources to start a conversation on the reality of depression among Christians.
- Martyn Lloyd Jones, Spiritual Depression: It’s Causes and It’s Cure.
- John Hindley, Suffering & Singing: Knowing God’s Love in the Pain and Despair, 10Publishing.
- Edward T Welch, The Way Up When You Are Down / Running Scared / Depression: Looking Up From the Stubborn Darkness.
- Paul Grimmond, ‘Trusting in the dark: Some biblical reflections on depression and anxiety’, The Briefing.
- Peter Hughes, ‘Suffering Service’, The Briefing.
- Emma Scrivener, Self-Harm Information / Helping a Depressed Friend
- Glen Scrivener, Depressing Evangelicals / CBT Luther style
- David Murray, Christians Get Depressed Too / Resources / podcast interview
- John Piper, When I Don’t Desire God.
- Sermon: Psalm 13: When God seems hidden.